Monday, 14 April 2014

Post of the day - Book Monday!

Good afternoon lovelies,

It's 4:30 on a Monday and I'm feeling quite relaxed. There is not much on TV so I might be time to get my book out and keep reading. Right now I am reading The Luminaries by Eleanor Catton and quite frankly I can see why she won the Man Booker award; her novel is a work of art. I am also lucky enough to be going to an evening with Eleanor in about 3 weeks time so I figured I've got to read her book, how lame would it be to show up and have not read it?

For me as a writer, she is an inspiration and what I love is that I can follow her exact footsteps education-wise. So yes, at this stage I am planning on applying for a MA in Creative Writing at Victoria University in Wellington. The only thing that sucks about being a writer is knowing whether or not you are good enough. I am being told everyday that I should hurry up and finish Uni then go and get a normal office job like everyone else. So it takes a lot of confidence in yourself, along with a lot of actual writing skill, to take it to the next level. 

A few of you have also blogged about books over the past few days. Angela from Tall, Short, Tiny and a Pickle is talking about the books she has read with links to some great websites that have lists of book you must read. And Julie from A Slice in the Life of Julie has also blogged about books but this time it is children's books. Julie is a a huge advocate for reading children books and I must say, the most enjoyment I got out of writing my children's book was hearing that the kids were excited to go to bed and read it.

What book are you reading at the moment?

Hayleigh xx

1 comment :

  1. I'm currently reading "The Third Day, The Frost" by John Marsden - 3rd Book from "Tomorrow When The War Began" .. Saw the Movie & wanted to know what happens next .. and since they are not making the rest of the movies I started reading the series ....

    ReplyDelete