Sunday, 9 March 2014

Sunday Weekly Wrap Up!

Good Evening Lovelies,

Gosh, what a week! 
For me, I have (finally) found an illustrator for my children's book. He is a 10 year old boy and he can draw like you wouldn't believe. This week I also got a new cellphone and I stupidly put my hand up to do a 5 minute presentation in class on Thursday where I have to read a book and then give a verbal book review. I literally had one week to find a book, read it all enough to form an opinion and find examples, then write and learn a 5 minute presentation in one week *dies*. Send good vibes my way for Thursday! But that does explain why I have been super quite this week, I have had my head in a book.

What have you guys been up to?

Today's Post Of The Day goes to Natalie for her blogging rant about first years to University. I was giggling my head off cause I can totally relate. I take Gender Studies as my interest papers and boy do some people get on my nerves when the don't understand how bad Blurred Lines is or they think that we should be celebrating Miley Cyrus for slutting it up on stage. The sexulisation of women is not ok. That's my rant for the day :) And also a shout out to Sarah from Oh The Things I Think for having a wardrobe to envy.

This week we have had no new comers but that is ok, I'm sure we will have more next week. If you are a Kiwi Blogger, submit your blog to me via the tabby thing up the top and then I can feature you too!

Hayleigh xx

8 comments :

  1. I was just thinking that I hadn't seen anything from you this week, now I know why. I'll try and send good vibes to you on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Keryn! The only silver lining is that I get the presentation over and done with before the essays hit. Another is that I dont like the book so I can just get up and rant about it lol

      Delete
  2. I hate to be the one that says this, but it's actually Sarah from Oh the things that I think :) Great wrap-up though, I hope your presentation goes well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Emma, there are so many of you now that sometimes I have a blonde moment with who writes what blog!

      Delete
  3. Thanks Hayleigh! All the best for Thursday :) what's the book you chose? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I chose a book called Never Hit A Jellyfish With A Spade by Guy Browning. I don't like the book at all which is a bonus cause I could talk forever about the things I don't like!

      Delete
  4. Your rant was right on point for International Women's Day....anyone know when it's International Man's Day? Well we want equality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I googled and it came back with Wednesday November 19th! Which I guess coincides with Movember!

      Delete