Friday, 28 March 2014

Post of the Day - Going Places

Morning Lovelies,

I think travel has to be one of the most exciting things to do as a human. Nothing thrills me more than to throw myself into another culture and just watch and accept the way they do things. I guess some people would criticise other culture but I love learning about the way other people work. 

So today's Post of the Day is dedicated to travel and the places you guys have been to.

I will start off with how jealous I am of Bec who gets to go to LA for a work shopping trip. Oh how I wish my boss would phone me up and suggest I go to America for a shopping work trip! One place I have never been to is America, I've heard great things about it and I am keen to see the nightlife in New York. One thing on my bucket list is to go tornado chasing in America so I'll get there one day.

A bit closer to home now and we have Lauren who came down to Dunedin (my patch of the woods) to stay with family for a bit. She was kind enough to send me a message and asked about some activities to do with the squidlets and I was thrilled to see that she went with one of my ideas and went to the Tropical Butterfly Forest at Otago Museum. I have been so many times and it is probably my favorite place in Dunedin. The butterflies are beautiful and they land on you which is so much fun. The forest itself is gorgeous with three levels and a big waterfall. On the lower level are ponds that have fish and turtles in them. You can stay for as long as you want! It is very hot inside, like a sauna but with less humidity. 

And finally, still keeping within New Zealand, Lisa and her family went away to their bach (that's so North Island slang, we call them Cribs down south) at Waihi Beach. It looks beautiful! We use to have a crib in Albertown which is a five minute drive out of Wanaka. But then my grandparents thought it would be a super cool idea to make it their family home and now we don't have a crib in Albertown cause who really wants to spend a relaxing holiday with their grandparents? That's the whole idea of a holiday, to get away and be alone and do whatever you want to do and not have to make idle chitchat about cricket and weather. It makes me a bit grumpy that they took away our crib but what can ya do.

Do any of you guys and gals have a crib/bach?

Hayleigh xx




6 comments :

  1. I am so glad we went to museum, the boys had a blast! And of course the Cadbury Chocolate Factory was a highlight for them. My eldest son took some photos to preschool and was so proud that he had gotten to hold some butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holding butterflies is so much fun. Their little feet are so sticky! Cadbury world is just fantastic! The waterfall has to be my favorite part and I always stand a little close to the railing to get splashed :D

      Delete
  2. We're getting a weekend away this weekend, with no kids. Only 3/4 hour away, but still away at our family beach house. Travel and a break away is such a good way to recharge your batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We call them a bach here at the top of the south island, it must be an otago/southland thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg do you really? Ill have to start saying bach so that I fit in with everyone else!

      Delete