Saturday, 15 February 2014

Post of the day - Romance Style

Hi Lovelies,

Today while checking out the blogs, I went to Kimba Likes and she had the sweetest and most honest post about how her and her husband first met. It was one of those posts that makes you say "awh" at the end! Complete with gorgeous photo of the lovely couple, Kim definitely takes the cake for the best Valentines Day post I have ever read.

So just for fun, I thought I might share with you how Dean and I first met.

 It was back in 2008, I was newly single and on NZDating. Yes, online dating. Dean and I hit it off pretty quickly, he was the only guy who didn't bring up sex as a topic and the only person I didn't question about why he didn't reply to my messages quickly. 
He reeled me in with tales of his vege garden and his two cats so we decided to meet. 

We met at the entrance to the beach at St Kilda. I was sitting in my car when he pulled up next to me, got out, tapped on my window and opened the car door. I remember looking at him and becoming speechless and frazzled. I started shuffling CD's off the passenger chair before I realized I really should be getting out of the car.
We went for a long walk on the beach and around the sports ground. He took me to a small lookout then back round to our cars. I followed him to Subway for lunch then back to his house to meet the two cats and view the vege garden. It was a sweet first date. We were both smitten with each other and both nervous about when one would kiss the other.

The carpark where we first laid eyes on each other is where he proposed to me on New Years Eve 2010 - our second year anniversary.

We have been inseparable since day one. It's hard to believe that I have talked to him every single day for the past six years! He makes me smile and he makes me laugh and I love him to bits.

Dean and I on our wedding day

So now, how did you meet your other half??

Hayleigh xx

6 comments :

  1. Your's is an Awww moment too Hayleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww! I met my husband at a house party- we were the only two people left inside since everyone else was outside smoking, and we had great fun browsing through the DVD collection and discovered we had movie tastes in common. Love blossomed during a movie marathon of Back To The Future :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a wee giggle about Back To The Future, not quite a romantic film!

      Delete
  3. What a cute story! And I adore your wedding dress : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) i tried on typical long A style gowns but i looked like a meruinge with a head!

      Delete