Friday, 21 February 2014

Post of the day - Part Two

Here is number two!

This post is from Lauren at SAHM I Am. I think it is awesome because she has taken a character from a children's book and made a cake out of it. And not just any cake, this cake looks like a Fox's head.

I love this post not just for its creativity, but because I have just finished writing a children's book and it got me wondering if anyone would make a cake from my characters. 
Do you guys remember the cake book from the Australian Womens Weekly? I'm pretty sure almost every parent would have owned a copy of this. My mum made me the swimming pool cake with the jelly in the middle and my brother got a racing car track in the number 8. 

I think Laurens cake is on par with the ones from that cake book. Have you still got your copy of it?

Come back during the day to see more posts!

Hayleigh xx

4 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for featuring my cake! I think everyone remembers the Women's Weekly childhood cakes. The doll skirt was always a favourite in our household, and the excitement of going through the book and picking our birthday cake each year was one of the things I always looked forward to. Now I have my own copy and love flicking through it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I remember that dolls one, it must have been a nightmare for our parents to bake. Oh now that I remember, I had a butterfly cake that was purple. I'm sure it came from that book too

      Delete
  2. My Mum didn't have a Women's Weekly Birthday cake book but we did get to look through all the pages she'd pulled out of magazines etc. I managed to get a second hand copy of the book though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm just about to hit up TradeMe and see if there are any copies on there. I really want it!

      Delete